Thursday, June 27, 2013

Nora's Closet for Ronald Mc Donald House

-->
I couldn't let this sweet endearing story go unheard, a special project by one of my favorite designers BUNNY WILLIAMS.

“I am thrilled Anthony Baratta asked me to be a part of the Ronald McDonald House of Long Island Project.  After doing so many show houses the past 25 years, it is wonderful to give something back that will be enjoyed by the children and their families for many years to come. When I went out to the house several months ago, I noticed a small dilapidated closet located in the Play Room.  It was filled with all types of whimsical dress up clothes and fantastical play props.  On the front was a little sign: NORA’S CLOSET.  It turned out there was a little girl named Nora from The United Arab Emirates, who made such a long journey with her father to stay at the house and had previously been in many hospitals all around the world.  Her main joy was to gather all the children staying at the house, play dress up and put on skits for the staff and families.  It soon became the highlight and enjoyment of everyone’s stay!

My dedication of the window I designed at Newel and the Playroom is to the memory of Nora, and with the hope we all can remember and cherish from time to time, our inner-child.
- See more at: http://buzz.bunnywilliams.com/#sthash.l1PUEQ98.dpuf”
 






















Wouldn't it be nice to have a Dress-up Closet in other Ronald McDonald Houses
Love to all,
xo LC

No comments:

Post a Comment